Introducing the Code: What it is and how it works for you
You will receive 1 credit(s) of continuing education credit upon successful completion of this course. The purchase price of this course is $41.00
There are five clinical scenarios, drawn from life, that illustrate how the Code is used to document and report services. Dental (and medical) claim submission requirements are highlighted, along with guidance on how potential claim adjudication problems can be identified and resolved.
Upon completion of the course, the participant should be able to:
- Understand the structure and content of the Code’s 12 categories of service
- Understand how the Code is able to support documenting procedures of varied complexity that are delivered to a patient on one or more dates of service
- Recognize the procedure codes used to document & report common clinical scenarios
- Understand basic dental and medical claim submission
- Identify when third-party payers use the Code inappropriately in claim processing
This is an introduction to the Code on Dental Procedures and Nomenclature (Code) – information describing its key features and use.
There are no references for this course.
Published date 2011-2014
American Dental Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.