Team Meetings: Enhance Communication in the Dental Office
You will receive 2 unit(s) of continuing education credit upon successful completion of this course. The registration fee is only $76.00
This course describes how to plan and execute team meetings and discusses creating agendas, running meetings, reviewing outcomes, and monitoring results while increasing productive communication.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to do the following:
- Identify the key components of a team meeting agenda.
- Describe the procedures for conducting a team meeting.
- Explain the purpose of action steps, monitoring, and reviewing outcomes.
- Manage unscheduled interests or concerns that arise during a meeting.
- Describe the purpose of briefings outside team meetings.
- Identify ways to enhance team communication.
Effective team meetings, also commonly referred to as staff meetings, require advance planning and are an essential part of managing the business of dentistry. This course describes how to plan and run team meetings with an agenda, review outcomes, monitor results, and provide opportunities for team members to contribute, thus increasing their communication skills.
- Torres H, Ehrlich A. Modern Dental Assisting. 5th ed. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Co. 1995.
- Silberman M. 101 Ways to Make Meetings Active: Surefire Ideas to Engage Your Group. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass/Pfeiffer. 1999.
- Chris Roebuck. Effective Leadership. New York: American Management Association (Marshall Editions Development Ltd); 1999.
American Dental Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.