Evidence-Based Dentistry: Finding and Using EBD Resources
You will receive 1 credit(s) of continuing education credit upon successful completion of this course. The purchase price of this course is $29.00
This course focuses on specific and easy-to-understand steps for finding and evaluating the best scientific evidence.
Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Recognize that EBD is a form of communication
- Understand responsibility of the dental profession to communicate relevant evidence
- Understanding the importance of determining validity and applicability of a study before applying it in practice
- Understand strategies for critical appraisal
- Recognize resources available at the ADA’s EBD Website
- Understand barriers to proper dissemination of valid scientific information
- Recognize EBD educational resources
Evidence-based dentistry (EBD) is based on three important domains: the best available scientific evidence, a dentist's clinical skill and judgment, and each individual patient's needs and preferences. This course focuses on the challenges of effectively translating scientific evidence into practice and lays out the resources to search for evidence, and the first steps to assessing its quality and reliability for use in treating patients.
Center for Evidence-Based Dentistry, American Dental Association; 2013. Available at: http://ebd.ada.org/
American Dental Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.