Bare Bones Basic Emergency Drug Kit
You will receive 1 unit(s) of continuing education credit upon successful completion of this course. The registration fee is only $41.00
The seven drugs in the bare bones basic emergency drug kit for dentists will be identified and discussed.
Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to do:
- List the indications for oxygen in a medical emergency
- Recognize the indications for epinephrine in a medical emergency
- Identify the indications for diphenhydramine in a medical emergency
- Understand the indications for aspirin in a medical emergency
- Explain the indications for glucose in a medical emergency
- Describe the indications for nitroglycerin in a medical emergency
- Recognize the indications for albuterol in a medical emergency
Life-threatening emergencies can occur anytime, anywhere and to anyone. Such situations are somewhat more likely to occur within the confines of the dental office due to the increased level of stress, which is so often present. The course will provide a thorough review of the office emergency kit, both drugs and equipment.
This course is designed for all members of the dental office staff, not just the doctor and chairside personnel. Situations discussed here can happen outside of the dental environment as well as in the office. Everyone should be prepared!
American Dental Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.