Code: Changes Published in CDT 2011-2012
You will receive 1 credit(s) of continuing education credit upon successful completion of this course. The purchase price of this course is $38.00
This is a summary of the changes to the Code on Dental Procedures and Nomenclature (Code) effective January 1, 2011, and the reasons why these changes were made.
Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Understand the basic process for changing the Code
- Identify codes that are new or revised effective January 1, 2011
- Explain the reasons why these recent changes to the Code were accepted
- Recognize the importance of reading the entire nomenclature and descriptor when deciding whether a procedure code describes the service provided.
- Describe how the new and revised procedure codes would be used to document and report dental services.
There are twenty-seven changes to the Code effective January 1, 2011 – eight additions and nineteen revisions. The nature and scope of these changes are described in detail. This program answers the recurring questions “Why was this code added?” and “Why was this code revised?”
Published date 2012-2014
American Dental Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.