Interviews with the Experts on Key Topics Effecting Dentistry Today (Part 2)
You will receive 1 unit(s) of continuing education credit upon successful completion of this course.
Through interview techniques, experts in six different subjects of dentistry detail advances and issues facing dentistry: Dr. Henry Gremillion, Dr. Jon Suzuki, Dr. Julie Frantsve-Hawley, Dr. Pat Sammon, Dr. Mark Schifter, and Dr. Angus Colquhoun.
At the completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- List different kinds of head and neck pain.
- Detail three different ways that plaque biofilm affects periodontal tissues.
- Describe the main types of fluoride delivery systems and their benefits.
- Detail the clinical symptoms and effects of “meth mouth.”
- Describe the challenges of polypharmacy, and interactions, in older dental patients.
- List different types of pain control methods for both routine and chronic pain.
Six distinguished experts describe the impact of their subject matter on the current issues facing dentistry: Dr. Henry Gremillion on head and neck pain; Dr. Jon Suzuki on the role of plaque biofilm on periodontal disease, Dr. Julie Frantsve-Hawley on fluoride delivery; Dr. Pat Sammon on meth mouth; Dr. Mark Schifter on the issue of polypharmacy in older patients; and Dr. Angus Colquhoun on pain management.
There are no references for this course.
Published date 2011-2014
American Dental Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.