DT Providing Exceptional Customer Service
You will receive 1 credit(s) of continuing education credit upon successful completion of this course. The purchase price of this course is $29.00
This course will give you concrete tips on how to build patient rapport and effectively communicate with all types of patients including low literacy, children and seniors.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to do the following:
- Build patient rapport
- Successfully deal with children, special needs patients and seniors
- Understand cultural variations
- Identify patients with low oral health literacy and communicate with them more effectively
- Promote the dental practice and generate referrals
- Communicate effectively by telephone
Customer service is a key component to a successful dental practice. This course will give you concrete tips on how to build patient rapport and effectively communicate with all types of patients including low literacy, children and seniors. Learn specific techniques to help calm the anxious patient and accommodate patients with special needs. Get sample scripts for effective telephone communications and ideas for generating referrals.
- Fast-Track Training: The Basics for Dental Staff. Chicago: American Dental Association; 2007.
- U.S. DOE, NCES, Adult Literacy Survey. Washington, DC: Govt Printing Office, 1992.
- Jackson R. Health literacy: An introduction to the literature. J Indiana Dent Assoc 2005; 84:10-13.
American Dental Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.