You will receive 1 unit(s) of continuing education credit upon successful completion of this course. The registration fee is only $41.00
Proper handpiece maintenance can extend the life of handpieces and increase the efficiency of the dental team. With extended handpiece life cycle, proper maintenance causing fewer repairs, the results will save money.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to do the following:
- Provide general understanding of how handpieces work.
- Provide understanding of common mistakes with handpiece maintenance.
- Provide instruction on proper handpiece maintenance.
- Provide overall improvement of dental processes and save money with the improved processes.
With proper understanding of handpieces and maintenance procedures, the life expectancy of handpieces can be increased as well as increase the efficiency of the dental team. This course will cover how a handpiece works, what causes failures, how to increase the longevity and performance of handpieces. Ultimately, proper maintenance will save money.
- Leonard Daniel L. D.D.S, Charlton, David G.,D.D.S., M.S.D, Performance of High-Speed Dental Handpieces Subjected to Simulated Clinical Use and Sterilization. JADA September 1999; 130: 1301-1310.
American Dental Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.